“Princess Victoria” renamed “Princess Mary” for one day (Feb. 28, 1922)

Built in 1914 at Swindon Works in Wiltshire, England, the steam locomotive Princess Victoria (4048) remained in service until 1953.  On February 28, 1922, HRH Princess Mary was to marry Viscount Lascelles, future Earl of Harewood, and a locomotive was required for the royal train.  The logical choice would have been an existing engine in... Continue Reading →

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: